CCBCU requires 100% attendance. Any class missed will result in a 2% grade reduction, and the class must be made-up (by listening to the class recording or otherwise as appropriate). Faithful class attendance is a vital part of the students’ experience at CCBCU. Our classes are participatory and interactive, and the quality of the classes would suffer greatly if attendance were optional.
Auditing students are encouraged to attend all the classes and not to leave early. Audit students must attend a minimum of 70% of the class in order to receive the grade of Satisfactory Audit (AU) for the course.
The Registrar’s Office is the final authority on all attendance issues, and reserves the right to make the final decisions on which absences are excused.
Prayer and Devotional Life
Classes do not replace a daily, personal time with God. Our purpose at CCBCU is to know Jesus better and to be prepared to serve Him for a lifetime. The sanctification process will be hindered if you do not set aside time to spend with Him in prayer, study, and meditation on His Word.
The main purpose for any type of dress code at CCBCU is to help men and women focus on the Lord and not to be distracted by the physical appearance of their classmates. For this reason, we ask that all would dress modestly so as not to bring undue attention to themselves and perhaps stumble a brother or sister. Here are some guidelines: “Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4
Unacceptable Behavior at CCBCU
Violation of the following may result in dismissal from CCBCU:
- The use of alcohol, tobacco, or any illegal drugs (Gal. 5:19-21)
- Any rebellion to established authority; failure to submit to CCBCU staff (1 Sam. 15:23)
- Sexual immorality, pornography or any type of impurity (Gal. 5:19)
- Cheating on tests, plagiarizing papers, signing someone else into class, or other forms of lying and deceit (1 Cor. 6:8)
- Stealing, which in some cases includes “borrowing without permission” (Eph. 4:28)
- Violence of any kind, i.e. threats, vulgar language, aggressive disputes (Rom. 1:29-30)
- Ignoring or breaking any law of the Uganda (Rom. 13:1,2)
- No weapons are allowed on campus…guns, swords, etc.